Thursday 11 June 2009

Goodbye London!


Today's my last day in London and I cannot help but to reflect on the last six weeks. I had wanted to do a London study abroad since I graduated highschool and one day almost a year ago I got up and decided to apply which turned out to be one of the best desicions I had ever made. When the day came to leave Utah and a home I loved so much I was extremely nervous but excited for the adventure that laid ahead of me. I remember when I first glimpsed England from the plane and how beautiful it seemed and how happy I was to be here.


Luckily my roommate was an amazing girl who made my time here much funner than it would have been otherwise and the friends I have made have felt more like sisters than girls I have only just met. We had so many adventures and saw so many beautiful things.


When we first arrived the president of the stake we are in came to talk to us. He told us to use this time to come to know ourselves better and to come to know our Heavenly Father better. This advice proved to be one of the major themes of this trip. I have grown so much closer to my Heavenly Father and have come to know myself so much better. Since graduation I have always lived within ten miles of my family with frequent visits home. This has been my first significant experience being away from my family and though I wish I could have shared these experiences with them I really came to know myself as an individual and found strength that I had not known was there before.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Mandy! I'm in that picture:)

    I am so glad that you that you found London as fulfilling as I did. I also felt like the trip was a great way for me to get to know myself better:) President Phillips was a pretty smart guy to give us that advice. I hope you got home okay!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete